October 27, 1911
Shaker Village becomes The Village of Shaker Heights
October 16, 1911 Plain Dealer carried a legal notice
by the Trustees of Shaker Township - J L Cannon, O P Van
Sweringen and W J Van Aken - that announced a referendum to
move Shaker Village into a new entity to be
known as the Village of Shaker Heights.
top of page Founding of Shaker Heights Shaker Square Home